It is not uncommon to be confused about how a strata function. Our clients ask us all the time what our role pertains.
In this article, we will explore the role of a strata manager and the various hats they need to wear to ensure your strata service is as smooth as possible.
Firstly, what is a strata manager?
A strata manager is the appointed individual or Business in charge of assisting the Strata Company with the running of a strata scheme and adhering to the strata title’s act. As a landowner, once you purchase a strata-titled property, it is recommended that your Strata Scheme collectively engage a strata manager to ensure cohesion within their defined community.
Here is a list of a strata manager’s duties:
Your strata manager will help you manage and repair anything that needs attention in a common area. In addition, your strata manager should be your first point of contact for any property emergencies.
- Keep the strata roll accurately: The strata roll is a registry of all information, including owners’ names and addresses, as well as information on common areas, by-laws and insurance. The goal is to make it simple for lot owners to read and review important documents related to the strata plan. Your strata manager will help you remain current on this.
- Chairing meetings: Strata meetings can get animated at the best of times. A strata manager is there to represent everyone and can mediate spontaneous discussions bringing clarity to your community.
- Complying with legislative requirements: Your strata manager ensures you maintain compliance with all applicable local, state, and federal statutes and ordinances. Your strata manager knows the ins and outs of the strata title and will ensure you are always in alignment with regulation.
- Preparing budgets
- Bookkeeping duties like monitoring invoices for payments
- Ensuring that all amounts owed to the Strata Company are paid on time
- Ensuring that proper and adequate insurances are taken on and kept in a renewed state.
- Enforcing rules around the common property, and clearly communicating to all residents what those rules are.
- Mediating disputes between owners.
Choose Oakfield as your strata management team
You can rest assured Oakfield Strata Management has the knowledge and experience to successfully manage your complex.
Our team of Strata Community Association WA (SCA WA) members undertake regular industry training and will tailor management solutions to meet your needs. We are committed to being transparent and providing the best advice for your situation. This is to give you the confidence your property is being managed to its optimum state. Because we take accountability for the success of your business.